Frequently Asked Questions
IMPORTANT: Any emergency should be reported immediately to Campus Security at 718 997-5912.
- What is the QC BIT?
- The QC Behavior Intervention Team (QC BIT) is a collaborative committee of QC professionals that meets regularly to discuss the behavior of individuals about whom reports are received. The QC BIT then determines if any intervention is needed, and monitors the intervention.
- Why a QC BIT?
- Faculty, staff, and friends are often among the first to notice when another member of the QC community is overly stressed or behaving in a dangerous or disruptive manner. Disruption of academic progress, personal relationships, and daily behavior may be signs that a person is in distress. In order to maintain safety and order on campus, the QC BIT identifies, responds, and ensures appropriate intervention when individual behavior causes concern to other members of the campus community.
- What do you report?
- Anything that worries you (i.e. erratic or distributive behavior, drug and/or alcohol abuse, disturbing writings, etc.) might prompt you to make a report. Contact a member of the QC BIT to discuss the best course of action if you are not sure what to do or if a report to the BIT is warranted.
- How do I report?
- To report a concern to the QC BIT, please complete the Filing a Concern with the QC BIT form. The form will require a narrative of the behavior of concern you have witnessed. The QC BIT members can be contacted personally if you wish to discuss your concern prior to submitting a report to the QC BIT.
- Will I be contacted if I submit a concern?
- The QC BIT may contact you if additional information is needed.
What happens when a report is made?
Once the QC BIT receives a report the team will discuss the reported concern. The QC BIT then creates a plan to monitor and/or intervene with the person of concern, and designates a contact person to implement the plan. At each QC BIT meeting, updates are given about each case.
How do I report a concern after standard business hours?
If something happens during non-business hours submit your concern via the online form or email a QC BIT member.
IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY, AT ANY TIME, CONTACT CAMPUS SECURITY IMMEDIATELY AT 718 997-5912.
Queens College is a community; help make our campus the best it can be!
65-30 Kissena Blvd., Flushing, NY 11367
Frese Hall, Room 100
Phone: 718 997-5500