The International Students and Scholars Office assists students and faculty in obtaining and maintaining the F-1 International Student and J-1 Exchange Visitor, U.S. Visa-Immigration Status for the purpose of studying, teaching and/or conducting research at the College/University on a short term basis.
- Assistance with naturalization cases and other immigration related cases.
- Documents, procedures, and advice for obtaining & maintaining the U.S., F-1 and J-1 Int’l Student and Exchange Visitor Visa and Immigration Status.
- U.S. employment advice and authorization.
- Extension of educational stay at the College.
- Travel advice and authorization for entering/re-entering the U.S.
- College/City orientation program for new students and scholars, including information on transportation, banking, U.S. Social Security Card, N.Y. Driver’s License and advice regarding health services & health insurance in the U.S.
- Information, and advice on legal, housing, financial, U.S. tax, cross-cultural and student affairs issues.
- Special programs and events, including participation in the International Student Community Organization and the International Student Affairs Committee.