Students are central to everything we do, and ensuring their success is a core value and the mission of the Division of Student Affairs. Our most successful students have been those who have chosen to be involved both inside and outside the classroom. The Student Affairs team is here to support, encourage, and even challenge you to broaden your Queens College experience by becoming involved.
Queens College is a special place, with a diverse student population and a rich tradition as a commuter school. With some one hundred clubs and organizations, student government and leadership programs, media organizations and thousands of programs annually, there are many ways to experience Queens College. In addition, if you haven’t found it, we’ll help you create it!
This web page provides links to the departments and services within the Division, a calendar of upcoming programs and events, and so much more. It is our hope you will utilize this resource as a tool for your success. The Division of Student Affairs team believes that our work with students has value, meaning, and purpose. It is a privilege and honor to work with such bright and motivated students.
Should you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to call on us. We are here to help you succeed.
Be well, Dr. Joe Bertolino
Vice President for Student Affairs
Frese Hall, Room 102
The Division of Student Affairs will advocate for students and their development by placing students at the center of all we do. We appreciate each student’s uniqueness, and will strive to provide students with the intellectual and experiential opportunities to make connections.
The mission of the Division of Student Affairs is to enhance the growth of each student beyond the classroom experience. In order to achieve this, the Division will provide students with the tools to be able to be independent, ethical, educated, responsible and energized citizens focused on serving a diverse, global community.
The success of our students is the most important measure of progress at Queens College. Given this, we are guided by and committed to:
- * Serving as guides for students' holistic development, through self-exploration, self-acceptance, and self-realization.
- * Promoting active learning by providing intellectual and experiential opportunities for students to become engaged citizens in a diverse community.
- * Providing a diverse and inclusive community that encourages involvement and advocates for a free exchange of ideas.
- * Valuing intellectual creativity, critical thinking, leadership, ethics and excellence in every facet of their lives.
- * Promoting integrity, trust and personal responsibility.
- * Helping students in decisions which enhance their college experience.
- * Valuing, respecting, monitoring and advocating for students and their development.
Students' Rights and Responsibilities
65-30 Kissena Blvd., Flushing, NY 11367
Frese Hall, Room 100
Phone: 718 997-5500