Home page | Election | Candidates | Ethical Code of Conduct | Results | Nominations
FACULTY ELECTIONS 2016
THE FOLLOWING ELECTED POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE:
- ACADEMIC SENATE COLLEGE-WIDE AT-LARGE FULL-TIME FACULTY and PART-TIME ADJUNCT FACULTY REPS.
- ACADEMIC SENATE DIVISIONAL REPRESENTATIVES
- FACULTY/STUDENT DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE (FSDC)
- Nominations will be open from 12:01am on February 15, 2016 to 11:59pm on February 29, 2016
- Self-nomination is the only accepted procedure.
- A nominating form must be completed and emailed to the Elections Committee at the designated web site.
- Late nominating forms will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- All full-time faculty, tenured or non-tenured, are eligible to run; all part-time faculty are eligible to run. Faculty and adjunct faculty holding the following ranks may run: Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Instructor, and Lecturer. Faculty status for the purpose of election is defined as of February 19, 2016.
- Nominating forms declared invalid because of errors may be corrected and resubmitted until 11:59 pm on February 29, 2016. They will not be accepted thereafter.
- Elections will take place during the week of April 3, 2016.
Faculty/Student Disciplinary Committee 3 seats
|Academic Senate||Positions Open|
College-wide at-large seats
Adjunct College-wide at-large seat
3 Delegates; 3 Alternates
0 Delegate; 0 Alternate
|Divisional at-large seats:|
|Arts and Humanities Division||1 Delegate; 1 Alternate|
|Education Division||0 Delegate; 1 Alternate|
Mathematics and Natural Science Division
0 Delegate; 1 Alternate
|Social Science Division||1 Delegate; 1 Alternate
You may run for only one position in each election, with the additional restriction that any candidacy that could result in simultaneous seating on the Academic Senate and the Faculty/Student Disciplinary Committee is prohibited.
An electronic record of your petition will be kept by the Elections Committee; it is official proof that a completed petition has been submitted in a timely manner.
The Elections Committee will post verification of your stated status as soon as possible.
You are responsible for notifying the Elections Committee of any errors in your status, etc. that appear in any of its notices, on bulletin boards, in the newspapers, or elsewhere.
The deadline for notification of errors to the Elections Committee is 12:01 am February 29, 2016. Information not changed by that date will be presumed to be correct and used for the ensuing ballot.
65-30 Kissena Blvd., Flushing, NY 11367